RBTray is a small Windows program that runs in the background and allows almost any window to be minimized to the system tray by right clicking its minimize button.
It is free, open source, and is distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public Licence.
* Hide windows instead of minimizing and hiding.
* Hide windows even if they're already in the tray.
* Fix "Close Window" for Explorer windows.
* Improve ability to minimize certain programs.
* Unified mouse hook procedure improves reliability and fixes small minimize
target with XP theming.
* Fixed tooltip overflow for long window captions.
* Alternative mouse hook procedure for Windows Vista/7 Aero compatibility.
* Fixed 64-bit compatibility and created 64-bit compiles.
* Removed window menu additions (e.g. Minimize in tray, Always on top),
hotkey, and keyboard indicator.
* Dropped Windows 9x support.
* Tray icon tooltip can display Unicode characters.
* Removes tray icon automatically if a program shows itself or exits.
* Fixed problem when minimizing Office 2007 windows.
* Won't minimize MDI child windows.
* Other small fixes and reorganized code.
For forum, bug tracker, etc. see RBTray SourceForge project page.
Copyright © 1998-2011 Nikolay Redko, J.D. Purcell